CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials. Computer numeric controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into the material. CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. CNC machinists make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
CNC machinists may work on many different machines, or specialize on one complex machine. They are builders, fabricators, mechanics, craftsmen and quality assurance all wrapped into one.
Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
1. Perform typical machine shop operations. Work independently. Familiar with R&D Prototype Parts. (Be able to hold a tight tolerance of +/- .001)
2. Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
3. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
4. Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
5. Perform inspection of machined products
6. Complete and maintain paperwork for parts.
7. Assist in other work areas, including but not limited to, perform fabrication, lay-up, infiltration, furnace operation and sand blasting.
8. Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 85 pounds or heavier.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or graduation from certified technical school.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Minimum 1 year of related experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
Please E-mail your resume in .pdf format if interested